Independent Therapeutic Educational Consultants
What Is a Therapeutic Educational Consultant?
Therapeutic educational consultants are professionals who provide advocacy, assessments, guidance and support for families who are researching behavioral or mental health treatment for their struggling pre-teen, troubled teen or young adult.
Educational consultants maintain a high degree of knowledge around treatment options, including outpatient treatment programs and residential treatment centers, as well as alternative settings like therapeutic boarding schools and wilderness therapy programs.
Therapeutic educational consultants can be thought of as the coach of your family’s mental health treatment team.
These individuals often have backgrounds in behavioral health, counseling, independent schools or special education, and many have experience with addiction and substance abuse, and as interventionists.
They are also often members of the Independent Educational Consultant Association (IECA) or the Therapeutic Consulting Association (TCA). These two organizations are highly respected for their integrity and provision of quality standards for educational consultants and referring professionals to adhere to.
A great educational consultant is key when choosing the right therapeutic program for your child
Why Do Families Need a Therapeutic Education Consultant?
Making the decision to hire a therapeutic educational consultant to guide your family is important, because they will not only provide their recommendations and referrals while educational consulting, but they will ensure the care your loved one receives is comprehensive and effective.
Below are a few additional benefits of working with an educational consultant through a therapeutic placement process:
- Advocate on behalf of the parents and teenager
- Are highly experienced in matching a young person’s needs with the strengths of the residential program, therapeutic program, transition program or school
- Have often visited the clinicians and programs they recommend
- Know the facts behind the program, school literature and website
- Part of a nationwide network of other placement specialists and providers they can tap into to find the right help for your family
- Save parents money by helping them avoid common "mistakes"
Embark Behavioral Health has a long history of working with therapeutic educational consultants to ensure families are being treated at the right program, for the right reason, at the right time.